Monday, June 29, 2009

Harvest

I have never grown a garden before, so naturally I was excited to harvest my first zucchini yesterday. I decided to make zucchini bread and it was delicious.

I planted my garden back in May and I can't believe how big my plants have grown. My zucchini plant is even doing well despite its serious setback it experienced when it fell off our deck and broke off most of it's limbs and some of its zucchinis. [sniff sniff] My tomato plant is gigantic and has taken over our deck. I'm so excited to see little bitty tomatoes growing. My strawberry plant, however, isn't doing so hot. A month ago I plucked off 2 very ripe strawberries, but they tasted like dirt. I haven't' seen any new strawberries since. [boo hoo]

2 comments:

Rose said...

YUM! So jealous... :)

Cara said...

I'm so jealous - I'm just going to have to be happy with grocery store produce this year.