Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It Was My Birthday

I love my birthday.  I love presents and going out to lunch/dinner and hanging out with BETH.  Beth wrote a birthday blog post about how cool it is to be a twin HERE - I have to agree with her on everything.

I have ZERO time right now for blogging so I'll just get to posting some B-day pictures.

Even though my birthday was on a Monday, Travis and I celebrated my birthday on Saturday - and then again on Sunday and then for reals on Monday.

 Travis and family bought me a VITAMIX!  I have become green smoothie obsessed.  Love it.

 We needed to blend something right away so we made an Orange Julius.  Shelby likes to find excuses for wearing her ear protectors. You can never be too cautious...

 A game of Rumikub at my parents house is always awesome!



On Sunday, my father-in-law and I celebrated our birthdays.  We have the same birthday!  \



It's usually Shelby who won't smile in pictures.  Logan wanted a turn.

On my actual birthday, Travis took us out to lunch.





Hanging out at home with the girls was fun.  Gretchen has been practicing rolling over from her back to her stomach.  What a champ!



The real birthday party begins when BETH and I go out to dinner at RUTH CHRIS' STEAK HOUSE. 




 

I'm rad (see Beth's post...here...) so naturally, I got Beth an Elway Jersey.  Unfortunately, I was sent the wrong jersey so Beth's holding up my jersey...which is what she was supposed to get.  Sorry, Beth.

Back to the dinner.  I was annoyed ALL the appetizers were FISH, but we ordered AHI anyway.  It was raw and I ate it.  Never threw up.  High Five!

Beth ordered steak and lobster.  The steak was cooked medium rare!  So brave and her steak was so GOOD!

 Me.  Just a petite filet, cooked medium, which was a stretch for me.  Any blood in my food and I am gagging.  Even though it was the best steak I've ever had I couldn't finish it.

Our waiter brought us dessert.  Best desserts ever.   


Beth and I are horror film aficionados so after dinner we saw Cabin in the Woods. Not the best horror film out there, but it was different and interesting. And funny.


We ended the night by forgetting to take a birthday picture of the 2 of us.  We are still bummed about that.  So...here's one of us on our 25th!  

2 comments:

Meagan said...

How fun! Happy birthday! I so wish I had a twin! FUN TIMES FOR YOU GUYS! :)

Shiree said...

Happy birthday! I am a green smoothie lover, too.