Friday, January 31, 2014

Shelby's in First Grade, Gretchen is 2 and We Are Having a Baby!

I'm not going to bother catching up on everything from the past 6-7 months.  But, I am going to try to be a bit better on updating my blog. 

Shelby started first grade last year.  She absolutely loves it!  Her favorite subject is math and she loves writing books.  She loves music and hates playing sports, but she likes her PE class. 





Gretchen turned 2 in November! She shares a birthday with my dad so we all went out to dinner to celebrate.  She loved that people sang just for her...and grandpa.  I like that she's growing up, but I'm sad she's getting older.  I miss my baby girl. 

Gretchen loves to climb and get into trouble.  She's always running and jumping.  She loves to build legos and dress up her dolls, which means I spend a lot of time building legos and putting clothes on her dolls.  She loves playing with her sister and being outside. 



I gave her my old cabbage patch doll and loves taking care of her.







 

She got another cabbage patch doll from an aunt and she loves her, too.  And they match so it's quite adorable.  

In July, I found out we were having another baby! Because I see a reproductive endocrinologist to help me get pregnant I am able to get lots of ultrasounds.  From the very first scan at 6 weeks when all I could see was a flashing heartbeat I  knew he was a boy.  The 12 week scan confirmed it for me when I thought the baby just looked different than my girls. Travis and I could see it in the shape of the head.  I had another scan at 18 weeks and we saw that the baby was a BOY!  The anatomy scan at 21 weeks confirmed that baby #3 is in fact a BOY!  I'm really excited and a little weirded out.  I'm pretty good at handling the girls and doing lots of girly things and from what I've been told, boys are different from the very beginning. I am due March 18th, but if history tells me anything he'll be born at the end of March. 

No comments: