Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sunriver

It has been an insanely long time since I have had time to post to my blog.  Actually, I don't even have any time right now; I have a baby crawling up my leg and getting into all sorts of chaotic trouble and messes and Shelby is mad at me because I didn't want to dress up as a princess with her. But, I promised my Mom a long time ago I'd post pictures from our vacation. And I promised myself that I'd get it done today if it's the last thing I do.  You're welcome, Mom.   

We spent a week in Sunriver, OR with our good friends Wes and Ariela Myler and their 2 kids.  Dallen is 4 and Evan is just 20 days older that Gretchen.  It works out perfectly that our kids have each other to play with.  Or in Gretchen and Evan's case have another similar person to sit on the floor and play independently alongside with. 


Travis is very good at finding ways to save money...especially when we are on vacation.  His work, Precision Castparts, has a plant in Redmond, OR...which is on the way to Sunriver.  He set up a meeting/tour with his old college friend who works at that plant so PCC would pay for our gas to and from Sunriver.  It worked well...expect us girls were stuck outside for an hour+ waiting for Travis to finish up his tour.  Actually, the hour went by pretty fast, so it wasn't too bad. 


Our first day at the cabin was nice and relaxing.


The next day we went to the Desert Museum, which was wicked awesome! Hello?!  We met Smokey Bear!!  The kids are speechless!  Fist bumps and high fives from Mr. Bear were just too much.


Looking at birds.  And holding hands!!!!  Shelby plans on marrying Dallen.  FYI.


Gretchen was chilling as we walked around.


Ewwww. Gross.


We met a badger!

And a porcupine!

Visited an old homestead house.

Learned about the chores 5-year old kids had to do!   Pumping water to water the garden.

Washing clothes!  Heck ya!

Beating the dust out of rugs!  

And school work!  Which Shelby really enjoyed. 

Mrs. Harrington was a great teacher.

We went fishing later on...


Gretchen dug in the dirt.


During the week we went on TONS of bike rides. Sunriver has tons of great bike paths. I am NOT a fan of hauling a trailer. 


Ariela.  First time bike rider.  Loved it.  

I just like this one of Travy.

So I had to hug him.  

We went a a great park in Bend, OR where we fed the ducks after lunch.  


 And we took a lovely walk.

And then went to the Lava Tube Forest.





And a lake...Can't remember the name at the moment.


We went swimming - matching suits! SQUEAL!





Evan was actually sleeping...

Gretchen caused quite the stir when all the little girls spotted  a baby in the pool. There was a lot of squealing.



At Powell Butte Lookout in Bend.



The Lava Caves!






It was dark and cold.  Gretchen fell asleep!

Back for more swimming!





Our last day was spent Sunriver shopping and eating.






No comments: