Monday, September 10, 2012

She's in Kindergarten

Shelby started Kindergarten today at Beavercreek Elementary.  She's in Mrs. Livermore's class; the kids call her Mrs. L.

Driving to school this morning I asked Shelby how she was feeling.  Was she excited? Anxious? Nervous? Scared?  Her response to my question; she said she feels like its raining.  It was raining, but I was hoping I'd get more insight about how she felt on the inside rather than what she felt on the outside. 

I on the other hand had a funny tingling feeling in the palms of my hands - the kind of feeling I get when I'm anxious or doing something new and exciting.  We arrived to school early becuase I had to get Shelby's vaccination record up to date and Shelby ended up being the first kid to come to class.  Shelby didn't waste any time; she hung up her coat and backpack and was off doing kindergarteny things.   The next 13 years is going to be great!
 



Gretch and I had a good time waiting for Shelby's bus.  

Looking and waiting!

There it is!!!

There she is!







1 comment:

Janelle said...

That picture with her eyes closed and hair flipped out is a really great picture. I love it!